Does your tooth still hurt, even after treatment?
Do you want to keep it, even though the only solution seems to be extraction?
When carried out by a dental expert, endodontics is the basis for saving and reconstructing a compromised tooth.
Find out how Kravos & Guadagno can help you find the right expert to keep your teeth healthy for longer.
WHAT IS ENDODONTICS?
Endodontics is the branch of dentistry concerning the internal tissue of a tooth and the related diseases and treatments.
The dental pulp inside a tooth consists of highly specialized tissue made up of arteries, veins, nerve endings and connective cells.
A number of problems can affect the health of dental pulp, the most common of which being tooth decay. Tooth decay is the progressive decalcification and destruction of the tooth’s hard tissue due to microorganisms present in plaque bacteria.
If left untreated, the cavity produced by this decay can grow so deep that bacteria are able to enter the dental pulp, causing irreversible damage due to infection. Once the cavity gets to this stage, conservative endodontic treatment is the best option, maintaining the tooth and avoiding extraction. This is also known as root canal treatment or devitalization.
The resulting tooth is no longer a hotbed of infection, and, following reconstruction, can continue to carry out the same function as an integrated tooth.
Endodontic treatment is necessary when repeating the cleaning and disinfection procedure for unsuccessful root canals previously carried out by other specialists. This is often due to errors in execution, anatomic complexity, and objective difficulties.
WHAT CAUSES THE DEVITALIZATION OF A TOOTH?
The main causes of problems leading to endodontic treatment are:
We’re Michela, Simone and Francesca! Welcome to Kravos & Guadagno, a multidisciplinary dental practice which offering professional treatments, cutting-edge technology, and integrated services for your oral health. That’s why we’ve added expert endodontist Dr. Massimo Messori to our team of collaborators.
Dr. Massimo Messori graduated from the University of Trieste in 1992 with a degree in Dentistry and Dental Prostheses. He now works as a professional orthodontist, collaborating with various practices across Friuli-Venezia Giulia..
He has attended a number of courses throughout his career, including:
- – 2000-2001 Yearly Endodontics course (Dr. Mareschi).
- – 2003-2004 Yearly Conservative dentistry course (Dr. M. Cattaruzza).
- – 2005-2006 Yearly Periodontics course (Dr. Trombelli).
He has also acted as a speaker for the following courses and conferences:
- – Udine, 20th September 2008: “The conservation principle in pre-prosthetic reconstruction” with Dr. P. Mareschi, Dr. M, Cattaruzza and Dr. F. Bassutti.
- – Udine (Ravascletto), March 2011 “Skiing”: “Fundamental criteria for the correct shaping and closing of root canals.”
- – Udine, June 2011: “Light Speed and Light Speed LSX: A Comparison.”
- – Fiumana di Predappio, November 2011, Dental Trey: Continuing Education AIE. “Fundamental criteria for the correct approach to preparing and closing root canals.”
- – Fiumana di Predappio, 12th September 2012, Dental Trey: Continuing Education AIE. “Fundamental principles for filling root canals and warm condensation techniques. Clinical cases.”
- – Fiumana di Predappio, 12th September 2012, Dental Trey: Continuing Education AIE. Fundamental principles of root canal obturation and hot condensation techniques. Clinical cases.”
- – Italian National Dentists’ Association Congress, Udine, 30th November 2013: Endodontics for everyone: useful tips for predictable results. “Simple endodontic treatments with predictable results.”
Since 2010, he has been an active member of the Italian Endodontics Academy.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF EXPERT DENTAL CARE?
Endodontics is a branch of dentistry specifically regarding the treatment of cavities within the tooth (the endodontia), which houses the dental pulp, made of cells, vessels and nerves.
An appointment with a passionate specialist dedicated to a particular branch of dentistry, who works as part of a well-organized team, is invaluable to any patient.
Many people think that to “devitalize” a tooth is to lose it, but that isn’t the case. Root canal treatment is carried out in order to save your tooth and keep it in your mouth for as long as possible.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR DENTAL HEALTH
Fill out the form below to find out more and book your appointment
FAQ – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We always use local anesthesia, which allows the tooth to be treated without the perception of any pain.
Generally no, but we always prescribe a pharmaceutical remedy in case you experience moderate symptoms following your treatment
Of course. As well as restoring the functional integrity of your tooth, the result is always aesthetically satisfactory.
In most cases, we’re able to treat the tooth and reconstruct it in one appointment.
We never complete an endodontic treatment unless we’re certain that we’ve done everything we can to eliminate the bacteria within your root canals.
The recovery time can vary. We’ll carry out periodic X-rays to evaluate the healing process.
Once the inflammation has gone down, chewing will no longer be painful.